- Constructing a basement next to the River Thames
- Two stories of underpinning to a building that operates as a hotel
- Three layers of waterproofing to satisfy the insurers
- 5 stories of steel frame constructed on a site boarded on three sides by busy roads.
We at MCD Construction were very proud to have been awarded the responsibility to demolish the existing Raintree B&B , design and build a new block of 17no self contained apartments for a private investor.
MCD construction approach
The MCD Construction team were fully engaged with the client to create their visions and make them become reality. The design team created a scheme the client is happy with and we are thrilled to be part of.
The team has been involved with every stage, from design right to planning and we are looking forward to the end result.
The project so far
The main challenges to this job are not only the complex build but the challenge of holding back busy roads and the river thames which is situated metres away.
The iconic Raintree B&B has been demolished and existing adjoining buildings successfully underpinned. The piles are in and we are currently digging down to form the basement.
- The successful demolition of the Raintree B&B.
- Underpinning completion.
- Resident liaison meetings held on a monthly basis to provide communication is maintain with the local community.
- Fantastic designed apartments.
Get in touch
Let's discuss your next project
From small, intimate builds to large-scale projects, we are always happy to chat about building a partnership that meets you specific needs.